If you’re looking for a treat to take to a party, try these Hot-n-Spicy Pecans. They have just the right touch of sweet with a kick to it. You may think that 4 cups makes a lot of pecans, but these don’t tend to stay around very long. Finding chipotle powder may be the hardest part. I found it in the bulk section at one store. I also found some that was called “Ground Chipotle Pepper.”
Each time I make these, I think they should have more chipotle powder, but my hubby says no. You may want to use less chipotle powder at first, especially if you have kids that will be eating them!
- 4 Tbsp organic butter
- 1 Tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add sugar, chipotle powder, cinnamon, and cumin. Mix well.
- Turn off heat.
- Add pecans.
- Stir until pecans are well coated.
- Spread pecans on the prepared cookie sheet into a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The pecans will turn a bit darker and you'll begin to smell these delicacies.