Thoughts are Powerful
Have you ever noticed that your mood reflects your thoughts? Or is it that your thoughts reflect your mood?
Either way, when you change your thoughts, you can change your mood, what you become, what you attract and what you create.
You likely have experienced this, whether you were conscious of the process or not.
When you’re looking forward to an event, or otherwise thinking happy thoughts, you can’t help but feel happy.
It’s also true if you’re thinking unhappy thoughts.
According to “The Secret”: If you focus on the negative, you continue to get the negative.
And this, from Buddha: “What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.”
You get what you focus on, so if you’re always telling yourself “I’m not good enough” or “I’m not smart enough” or “I’m too old” or “I’m too fat” then what are you getting?
That’s why I choose to focus on positive affirmations instead: “I am good enough” and “I am smart enough” etc.
Those are just a couple of suggestions. Here are a few I’m currently favoring:
All of life comes to me with ease, joy, and glory.
I am safe in the universe and all life loves and supports me.
Where should your affirmations come from? You could write your own to address limiting beliefs. Or to build confidence. Or to crowd out negative thoughts and replace with positive ones.
You can also find affirmations online. One great source is Louise Hay. Her book, You Can Heal Your Life, discusses the relationship between our thoughts and our physical ailments and suggests affirmations based on your ailment.
A google search for positive affirmations will provide you with even more affirmations.What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create. -- Buddha #happyhealthypositive Click To Tweet
How do you use affirmations?
- Write them on cards and read them often. Especially if you find negative thoughts entering your head.
- Schedule a time to read them every day.
- Memorize those that are helpful and say them to yourself whenever you think of them.
- Tape the cards to your bathroom mirror or other location where you’ll see them.
So, tell me in the comments, what are some affirmations you like to use?
Latest posts by Barbara (see all)
- Braised Kale In Pictures – Always a Hit at Our House - November 13, 2018
- Knee Update – Six Weeks Later - November 6, 2018
- An Alternative To Knee Replacement: Why I Chose Stem Cells - October 23, 2018