The beauty of this recipe is that it consists primarily of sweet vegetables (when cooked). This is good for you because it can help take away some of the sweet cravings. And while the cabbage may not taste sweet, it has a similar effect on the body in that it maintains blood sugar levels, reduces sweet cravings and helps break down animal foods.Stir-Fry Sweet Vegetables for your sweet tooth. #WhatsCookingWithBarbara Click To Tweet
You can also mix and match the vegetables that go in this dish, and the amounts are approximate as well. Some other sweet vegetables include corn, winter squashes, sweet potatoes and yams. Semi-sweet vegetables include turnips, parsnips and rutabagas. Other veggies which have the same effect as cabbage include red radishes, daikon, and burdock.
Stir-Fry Sweet Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large onion chopped into medium size pieces
- 1.5 cup carrots chopped
- 1.5 cup beets peeled & chopped
- 2 cup cabbage sliced
- Heat the Olive Oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onion until transparent.
- Add the carrots and beets and cook until slightly tender – 5-10 minutes. It’s okay if they’re still a bit crunchy.
- Add the cabbage and cover for 5 minutes.
- Stir and serve.
- Cole Slaw – For Your Picnic or Barbecue - July 15, 2021
- Sautéed Squash Medley – Yellow Squash and Zucchini - July 8, 2021
- Making Ratatouille - July 7, 2021