This idea came to me a while back: If you can have a potato salad then why not a sweet potato salad? I started with no preconceived notions about what should go into it. It certainly didn’t have to be the same as regular potato salad. This is what I came up with. It was a hit the first time and has been a hit several times since then. You may want to experiment with other ingredients.Sweet Potato Salad - Not Your Mother's Potato Salad! #WhatsCookingWithBarbara Click To Tweet
Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 - 2½ pounds Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Small Jalapenos seeded and chopped fine. Leave seeds in for a spicier salad.
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ½ cup chopped chives or green onions
- ¼ tsp dill weed
- Juice of 2 lemons or limes
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
Boil sweet potatoes for 45-60 minutes. You want them slightly firm, not too soft.
Cool, peel and cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
Combine all ingredients.
Refrigerate for 1 hour or more before serving.